Melissa Benoit

Northern Health Travel Grant

Northern health travel grants (NHTG) are available to patients who travel 100 km or more to see a specialist.  The northern health travel grant is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care to help pay for travel related costs.

What does the NHTG help pay for?

- Approved travel grants will pay 41 cents per kilometre of your return trip from a patient's home to the specialist.

Who is eligible?

- You must be an OHIP insured Ontario resident on the date of treatment.

- Your primary place of residence must be in one of the following places: Algoma, Cochrane, Kenora, Manitoulin, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Rainy River, Sudbury, Timiskaming or Thunder Bay.

- A northern physician has referred you to a specialist prior to the travel taking place.

Where do I get a form from?

Ask your CF team for a northern health travel grant or download the form here and bringing it to your next clinic visit.