Refilling My Prescriptions
The Prescription Care Centre (PCC) is located on the ground floor of the Donnelly (Queen St) Wing, Room B1-034. From the Queen Street Entrance, walk straight down the hall, past the Donnelly North elevators. The pharmacy will be on your left. The head pharmacist is Jeff Petten.
Pharmacy Contact Information & Hours:
Monday to Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 6 p.m | Saturday: 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Sunday & Holidays: Closed | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need refills of your chronic medications before your next clinic visit, please contact the Prescription Care Centre (PCC) directly (not the CF office) either by phone or email to order your medication for pick up. Please give the PCC staff 1-2 weeks to have your order signed and prepared for you. More than 2 week notice may be required for medication quantities greater than 3 month supply.
You can pre-order your maintenance medications at the Prescription Care Centre by:
- calling 416-864-5110 by speaking to staff, or
- by the automated telephone refill service accessible by calling the number above
- e-mailing orders to email@example.com
- faxing orders to 416-864-1962
Please pre-order your chronic medications at least 1 week in advance.
The maximum request amount is 3 month supply.
Requests only apply to maintenance medications
- you are already taking,
- you take regularly,
- and which the CF team and pharmacy are aware of.
Your medications can be delivered to the CF clinic for you to pick up during your clinic visit.
Simply let the PCC know that you will be picking up your medication in clinic. We recommend that patients use the clinic pick-up process as it will help reduce the risk of infection, and it helps the clinic coordinate your care better.
Medications can be delivered by Canada Post COD or Purolator free of charge. Delivery times depend on method and delivery address and can range from next day (GTA) to up to 10 business days depending on if the medication is in stock.
Automated Telephone Prescription Refill
The automated telephone prescription refill service is now available in the Prescription Care Centre. This allows you to order prescription refills 24 hrs a day, seven days a week. All you need is your prescription number. The Prescription Care Centre number is 416-864-5110. Just choose the option you require or press 3 to speak with a pharmacy staff member.
1. If your prescription does not have repeats, you can flag the prescription to be refilled. This type of prescription still requires authorization by a CF doctor, and time for pharmacy to get authorization and to prepare the drug.
5. Do not use the automated telephone prescription refill system for emergency orders after hours. Also, orders placed on the automated telephone prescription refill system will typically take 2 days to be ready. Please do not expect orders to be ready the next day without contacting pharmacy staff directly. If you are coming from out of town, advanced notice of when you are picking your order up will help us prepare your order in a timely fashion.
Drug shortages or backorders are challenging to manage and are extremely disruptive to one’s daily routine. They occur for several reasons, including:
- Unexpected increases in demand and use of a drug locally or worldwide
- Voluntary recall or discontinuation by a manufacturer
- Withdrawal of a drug from the market
- Natural disasters affecting manufacturing sites
If you are affected by a drug shortage or backorder, please contact your CF team or the Prescription Care Centre. We will be able to discuss alternatives or identify which pharmacies are more likely to have supply of the drug you are in need of.
Prescriptions at Your Local Pharmacy
If you wish to have medication ordered at your local pharmacy, please have your pharmacy fax a prescription to the CF office at 416-864-5651 to request a renewal of your medication(s). Please give the CF office a few days in order to process the request and fax it back to your pharmacy.